Vice President Sales, Financial Services and Healthcare Group
M Squared Consulting, Inc., San Francisco Corporate Headquarters
Founded in 1988, M Squared Consulting is the leading provider of project experts and consultants to large enterprises for solving important business challenges. A pioneer in the growing flexible workforce industry, M Squared delivers quality and value for clients by providing unparalleled, targeted consultant expertise from its premier network of project professionals. For more information about M Squared Consulting, visit www.msquared.com or call 888-818-2505.
- With a 20-year track record, M Squared has a solid reputation as a trusted consulting resource.
- M Squared offers clients with unparalleled access to the industry’s premier network of highly skilled professionals.
- M Squared delivers targeted expertise in functional areas that include Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Interim Management, Management & Strategy, Operations and Sales & Marketing with industry expertise in Financial Services & Health, Technology, Energy, and the Public Sector.
- M Squared offers scalability, flexibility and exceptional price-performance to clients looking to smartly manage fluctuating business cycles.
- For the past three years, M Squared Consulting has been recognized by the San Francisco Business Times as one of the Best Places to Work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our business has grown substantially over the years. Its continued success and growth relies on the highly talented individuals who make up our team. Our employees are key stakeholders in the company and employee programs promote the success of everyone at M Squared.
The VP Sales, Financial Services will be responsible for creating new client business for M Squared Consulting through developing profitable, long term relationships with new clients. You will build M Squared brand awareness through direct sales calls, networking and industry sector and client development activities.
As the VP Sales, you will utilize M Squared experience and extensive consultant network to develop new client relationships, identify business opportunities, create project specifications, present consultants and close project sales with prospective Financial Services clients. You will be responsible for sales calls with senior managers and key executives in Financial Services organizations. Your current client relationships and industry contacts will be the foundation for building your project business in your start up phase.
The VP Sales will be responsible for implementing an annual account plan(s), and for strategically positioning and selling M Squared consulting services to meet individual client needs.
This position reports to the Senior VP of our Financial Services and Healthcare Team.
Essential Job Functions
- Executive Level Sales: Identify and prioritize prospects in assigned accounts through networking, referrals and your direct sales and marketing activities. Develop value add project opportunities and close consulting business. Deliver profitable sales performance goal $2M in revenue.
- Account Development: Create and grow M Squared business in a select group of high potential Financial Services in the Bay Area and Los Angeles with the objective of developing them over time into major accounts billing > $2M annually.
- Strategic Planning: Define and target key divisions within your assigned accounts and then develop the appropriate strategy, message and tactics to build the business.
- Service Offering Knowledge: Translate past experience to quickly learn the M Squared service offering and how it is delivered. Continuously update your knowledge of all aspects of company services: asking informed questions, uncovering client opportunities, writing comprehensive project specifications, understanding and managing consultant rates and pricing strategies, using technology to expand reach and coverage.
- Marketing Activity: As appropriate, participate in marketing and networking efforts for the Practice Area (i.e., industry events, personal speaking engagements, professional associations, business roundtables, etc.) to increase awareness and grow the M Squared market-share in Financial Services...
- Support Systems and Reporting: Utilize M Squared CRM, social networking and online research tools to enhance sales and marketing effectiveness and to record client data and track sales activities. Manage pipeline activities and report regularly on key sales performance indicators.
Essential Job Requirements
- Strong, senior-level sales experience and history of success in a business-to-business environment for a minimum of five to eight years in the Bay Area.
- Solid track-record of developing new client business with a services product and differentiating that product in a competitive market
- Demonstrated major account success in a direct sales role, with examples of the sales approach you employ and verifiable examples of client growth, client satisfaction and long term consultative client relationships.
- A track record of being motivated by money and recognition that lead to progressive achievement and confidence gained in a new business and commission-based sales role
- Proven ability to develop and grow a new major account. Client relationships that can be tapped immediately upon joining M Squared. Client references and documented major account results will be an important element in the selection process
- Strong communication skills: listening, questioning, interpersonal and written. Scoping a project with a writing sample will be part of the selection process. A working knowledge and consistent use of technology for communications and client management is essential. A solid familiarity with online business applications, sales contact management software, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are minimum requirements.
- Deep expertise in financial services, applying your experience and credibility to further enhance the M Squared brand.
- Subject matter expertise to create peer-to-peer client meetings.
- Sales and/or Management experience or selling services to financial institutions is ideal.
- Business savvy with broad business and management knowledge and experience. Management experience would be a plus as you will be working on a peer-to-peer level with senior executives.
- The ability to solve problems creatively and with resilience in the face of business challenges.
- BS in Business or related field a must. MBA or equivalent preferred.
Competitive Salary, Benefits and Incentive program
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus based on performance, we also offer an excellent benefits package. This includes a 401K plan with an optional match, Medical, Dental, Vision, three weeks paid time off, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts and a sabbatical leave after six years of service.
Employee programs include mentorship, ongoing training, and encouragement of a balanced approach to our work. Although we work with focus and enthusiasm during the day, we encourage each employee to pursue work and life passions equally - whatever they might be!
M Squared Consulting Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply for this position, just send your CV, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate FinServBDM82011 in the subject line.